Favourite Movies: The Shining
"I can remember when I was a little boy. My grandmother and I could hold conversations entirely without ever opening our mouths. She called it "shining." And for a long time, I thought it was just the two of us that had the shine to us. Just like you probably thought you was the only one."
it wasn’t a glass it was an apple, asshole.
Another #latergram of Jared and Jensen from TCA! Season 10 of #Supernatural can’t come soon enough!
You’ll never hate the Percy Jackson movies like Rick Riordan hates them
Fun Facts about Mean Girls:
- 1. Initially, Lindsay Lohan was cast as Regina, but decided to play the “nice girl” so the public wouldn’t base her real personality on Regina’s.
- 2. Amanda Seyfried was initially supposed to play Cady, Lindsay Lohan’s part.
- 3. Tim Meadows broke his hand before shooting and had to wear a cast, so the explanation that his character Mr. Duvall had carpal tunnel was added.
- 4. In the scene where Cady was asked if her “muffin was buttered”, the line was originally going to be, “Is your cherry popped?” The same goes for the girl who “made out with a hot dog” this was going to be “masturbated with a hot dog”. These were omitted in order for the film to gain a PG 13+ rating instead of a R.
- 5. Ashley Tisdale auditioned for Karen Smith.
- 6. Lindsay Lohan’s character is named “Cady”, which has a common pronunciation (“Katie”) but an uncommon spelling for an American girl’s first name. In keeping with the film’s theme of female empowerment, it is the same spelling of the birth last name of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, an 18th-century pioneer in the American Women’s Rights movement.
- 7. In real life, Rachel McAdams is 8 years older than Lindsay Lohan, who plays her classmate, and only 7 years younger than Amy Poehler, who plays her mother.
- 8. When casting the film, Tina Fey picked Jonathan Bennett (Aaron Samuels) because he looked like Jimmy Fallon.
- 9. Mean Girls is based on the book “Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and Other Realities of Adolescence” by Rosalind Wiseman, even though it is a non-fiction parental self-help guide with no narrative at all.
- 10. Rachel McAdams’ hair was a wig.
- 11. The skirts for the Christmas talent show were made of plastic; the costume designer says they were made of that fabric to “represent the Plastics”.
- 12. David Reale, a Canadian actor born 1984, was the man who played Glen Coco. Sadly, this crucial role was not credited in the movie.
frank iero is my favourite person ever
TID Appreciation Week - day two
↳ Favorite Book Out of the Series - All Of Them (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess)
Shameless meme: 10 scenes
"We were living out of a car once. Uncle Nick had kicked us out, couldn’t find anyone else who’d take us in. Lip and Ian and me were sleepin’ in the backseat when Frank pulled over. Told me to take the boys and sit on the curb and he’d be right back. I was six. Few hours later, we’re still sittin’ on the sidewalk and Ian’s head is burning up. He’s hysterical, I don’t know what to do, so I ran down the street. Lip under one arm, Ian under the other, trying to flag down help. Would have been easier scoring crack than a ride to the clinic. I finally made it on foot. They said Ian had a fever of 104. Another couple hours, who knows. I didn’t find Frank until a couple days later. First thing he asks me was how much money I had on me. I wish I could say that was the only time, but it was just the first." (4/10)
"I look at my little sister and think how she has inherited the best qualities our family has to offer: my mother’s healing hands, my father’s level head, and my fight"
When they were little!!!